Sunday, May 4, 2008

blog 8

Topic: My research paper will cover today’s period. I will talk about e-waste in the Common Era. I think that technology has been emerging more and more in the present therefore e-waste is a major issue today. I will specifically talk about the e-waste that the U.S produces. I will talk about the parts where all this waste lands in. Places such as India, China, Africa or Pakistan, and how it affects the people living in these places and their atmosphere.

Purpose: I’m writing on this topic because I think that it concerns a lot of people, especially those living in poor nations where all the e-waste goes to. I’m also writing because not many of us who live in the U.S know how to recycle our electronic waste.

The audience I hope to reach is mainly regular people. I think that ordinary people are not well informed about this topic. We are the ones who use computers, cell phones, and other electronics, but we don not know how much damage we are doing to the world by not recycling correctly. Also, I hope to reach the government in the U.S because wee need to stop allowing certain chemicals that are used in our electronics. I hope they realize the danger we exposure to the people living in poor nations.

The types of sources I have are articles published in newspapers in the internet. Also, I have a report from the United Nations where they talk about the e-waste in nations such as India, Pakistan and China. I have also read some blogs where they talk about this issue in great detail. I have pictures, but I need to choose the ones that are the best for what I’m trying to focus on. I have to look up for interviews and other kinds of sources such as books.

The types of sources I’m looking for are interviews and books. I think that an interview would be really helpful in writing my research. It would add a more vivid image of how e-waste is affecting people in poor nations. Also books are very helpful. I haven’t looked for books but I think it’s a helpful source to look in for information.

The thesis I will focus on is on “who are other nations being affected by the e-waste of the U.S” I think that this thesis tells what I will write about though I might change it later on depending on the information I get.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

I will talk about the parts where all this waste lands in. Places such as India, China, Africa or Pakistan, and how it affects the people living in these places and their atmosphere.—I suggest the introduction covers all these places and that then you focus on one (the one you have most information on) as an example/study case

I suggest aiming the paper at everyday U.S. residents only (really)

A thesis needs to be an ARGUMENT of some sort. In your case, I suggest that you ask your audience for some kind of specific action to diminish e-waste (or some such).